Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 '57 Chev 150 Basic 6-Cylinder Sedan Delivery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cliff Read

Canada

Posted - 12/28/2017 :  1:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many of you may have seen this recently completed one-off model of a basic Sedan delivery on D4C, etc., but for those who haven't seen it yet, here goes! The model inspiration started from a cheap diecast 'low-rider' station wagon with lots of proportion issue and two other vehicles also became donors toward the finished model: a Unique replicas Nomad 'coin bank collectible' and a Revell '57 Chev 150 Black Widow sedan. Many detail parts were fabricated in styrene, aluminum, Renshape, etc. and I've tried to only use reference from strictly stock examples of sedan deliveries as well as internet research data. The undersides of all non-undercoated '57 Chevies were factory finished in red oxide so I chose to go in that direction as well. The seats in Sedan Deliveries were non sporty buckets that tilted for access to the simple flat rear floor; the driver's via a folding backrest, and the passenger's by tilting from the lower front hinge.
The PE grille mesh and chevrolet nameplates are from Model Car Garage and the correct 150 upholstery pattern is from Scale Motorsports.
I also fabricated my own door hinges to better mimic the tight swing of the 1/1 Chevies.

Unique Replicas Nomad Front clip and rear fender area applied to the basic wagon

Interior panel area formed in sheet styrene (including spare tire area)

Folding front seats formed in Renshape

6-Cylinder air filter formed in Renshape, aluminum tubing and brass mesh

Finished Tank, spare tire area and scratchbuilt parking brake assembly. Exhaust is unpolished aluminum tubing

fabricated GM sill-plates

Edited by - Cliff Read on 12/28/2017 2:02:02 PM

Peter

USA

Posted - 01/06/2018 :  09:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Cliff, that's some amazing work, and the results are spectacular! Well done.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000