Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 The Verdict is in (and so are the Photos)!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Peter

USA

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  4:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, they finally did it--made an early Buick Riviera in 1/24 scale. Like many of you I've been waiting a while for this moment, so while I'm thrilled it's here, it is not without its flaws.

First of all, I want to emphasize that this is a beautiful model. The sort of perfection that 1/24 model collectors demand is not really achievable at an affordable price, so as with everything some compromises were necessary.

Some niggling flaws include chrome pieces that don't lay flat or aren't properly glued (wheel well trim, door handles, etc.) and the lack of even the most rudimentary chassis details. Proportions are good though not precise, and the stance seems a little high.

Having said all that, I still love mine and intend to keep it. Automodello only made 299 of these in Astro Blue ($300), and the entire run of seven colors amounts to less than 600 pieces. The other six colors are Verde Green or Sierra Mist (gold) at $366 apiece, Black at $450, Arctic White or Flame Red with Black vinyl top at $466, and Burgundy at $566. All have color-keyed interiors, except for the Black which has a Tan interior. I also noticed that Mint Models is selling some of these for much higher prices, so do shop around. Personally, I prefer to buy mine from Legacy Motors.

Click either of the images below to view the complete photo shoot:

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  11:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see that from a distance the car is very attractive. Your photos don't really emphasis the problems you mention. Sure is nice to see this shape in 'our' scale.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000