The Rec Room
 I've Quit Smoking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Peter

USA

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  4:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted this a while back in the main forum, but felt it was worth repeating here...

...I recently discovered something I'd like to share with you. I have smoked cigarettes for over 30 years, and have tried unsuccessfully to quit many times. I've stopped from time to time, but always seem unable to resist starting again. The habit is part ritual, part oral fixation, and part nicotine addiction, and nothing I've tried really addresses all of these things.

Well, last week I saw an ad for these new electronic cigarettes (e-cigs). They're not actually cigarettes, but they are the same size, and shape. When you inhale, instead of burning smoke you get water-vapor, with the nicotine level you choose (or none at all) and a little bit of flavoring (tobacco, vanilla, mint, etc). They have several flavors. There's nothing to light, no on/off switches, no need for ashtrays--it turns on when you inhale and turns off when you stop.

I'm a skeptic, but after doing my homework I found that these are becoming very popular and that one brand stood out as the industry leader, and a good value to boot. So, I ordered a small starter kit, which includes a wall/USB battery charger, two lithium batteries, a vaporizer and five cartridges (the equivalent of 5-6 packs of cigs), and the whole kit goes for the price of a single carton of Marlboros. It arrived a week ago, and I just love it, in-fact I have already ordered more cartridges. I can smoke it anywhere because the water vapor is harmless and dissipates much faster than the heavy smoke from a tobacco cigarette, and I don't have to worry about stinking up my house, my car, my clothes, or my breath. It feels very much like smoking, except the water vapor is cooler, lighter, and less dense than smoke. I haven't smoked a tobacco cigarette since this thing arrived, and when I've had the urge, I just took a few puffs on the e-cig and I was satisfied. Gone are the tar, carbon monoxide, and other carcinogens found in tobacco smoke, along with the acrid smell, the tooth-staining, and the burning sensation in your throat.

What's also nice is that you can take a puff or two or three, and then put it right back in your pocket. You're no longer committed to an entire cigarette every time you "smoke." It also saves money compared to tobacco, with cartridges (equal to a pack or more of cigs) selling for less than $2.00 apiece. The way I figure it, if you smoke already, you owe it to yourself to try this alternative. I liked it so much I joined their affiliate program, which provides a small commision on anything sold to somebody I've referred to their site. Just click on the link to the left of this page, and they can tell that you were referred by me.

If you don't smoke, don't start--not with regular or e-cigarettes. Nothing is 100% without risk, and the FDA has not yet evaluated the safety of these e-cigs, but smoking tobacco has proven to be deadly. If you do smoke, I think you'll like this alternative more than any other nicotine delivery system like patches, etc. You can also reduce your nicotine addiction in steps, with six different strength cartridges, the lowest containing no nicotine at all.

Do I sound enthused? If so it's because this is the best smoking alternative I've found, and I'm telling all my friends who smoke about it.

Peter

USA

Posted - 07/30/2011 :  10:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:

It's been almost eleven months since I quit by using the electronic cigarette. And I still have no desire for a real cigarette, and I don't even like them anymore.

I do still use the e-cigarette, but only when I get a nicotine craving. It's been a life saver for me.
Go to Top of Page

LouBeau

USA

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  06:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you Peter!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000