DR Member Pages
 Bob's Travels
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  3:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys get to see car pictures everyday and everywhere. Here I will be posting photos from some of my travels. Hope you don't mind.

First up, Europe from last year. It was thrilling to see so much that was so very old, yet new to me.

Here's the canal house (dead center) I stayed in in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is all about its canal, its bridges and the boats.

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  4:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same trip, this time Bruges, Belgium. Check out where I stayed - this house dates back to the mid-1400s. It's called Nuit Blanche.

and it's garden.

and my room.

Brudges' water route to the sea silted up in the late Middle Ages, preserving it for the benefit of today's tourists. During the day it is choked with visitors, but at night it slips back into the past.

Go to Top of Page

chev75

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  7:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures Bob. Looks like you had a great time. We toured Amsterdam and Belguim when I was stationed in Germany in 1968-1970.
We also toured France, Switzerland and a bit of Italy. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

Edited by - chev75 on 08/25/2010 7:01:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  8:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics Bob... I've been through Amsterdam a few times while traveling back and forth to Sweden in my past life. Some interesting sites....
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  09:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, Paris!

Scenes along the Seine

Sunrise

Pont Neuf

Pont Alexander III

Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  10:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paris Encore Une Fois

Montmarte

Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  11:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, ...LOL... I think you snuck in a couple copies that weren't your own pictures...LOL.. But, your pictures are fantastic......
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  09:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And just which pictures do you think are not mine?
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  2:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car related? Well, I drove my Jeep up the island to a lovely 160 acre reserve that was turned over to the state upon the owner's passing. For a mere $55 I got an annual pass that allows me and my cameras to take in the landscaped grounds. The goal is to photograph the place throughout the whole year, noting the changes of seasons. Here are some samples.

This remarkable tree is the one subject I capture each visit. Depending on the time of day and time of year, it looks quite different each visit.

Tucked away in the woods, hidden among the trees, is this reflecting pool. My dentist chose this site to propose to his wife.

The house is at once modest in size and grand in decor. Grand pianos pose eagerly when confronted by a camera.

You wander along paths, and all of a sudden you're presented with gems like this.

A backlit willow in summer's glory.

Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  3:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobAlescio

And just which pictures do you think are not mine?

Third from the last and the last one. Looks absolutely too perfect!!! ...LOL...
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  3:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous!!!
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  9:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last weekend I found the piano unguarded, and so I opened the lid and rearranged the sheet music. I almost like this picture better.

These are indeed all my photos. Taking the photos is only part of the process. Each image requires about 30-45 minutes of editing. Just for instance, the RAW data is taken from the camera (not the usual Jpeg), it's converted to a TIF file, run through an HDR processor, and finally edited in Lightroom as a Jpeg. And it takes at least three shots each to get these results.

Anyway, it would make no sense for me to claim someone else's pictures as mine.
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  10:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, Comments were strictly a matter of a high compliment. Pictures look like a work of ART!!!
Go to Top of Page

Peter

USA

Posted - 09/25/2010 :  12:24:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your work is amazing bob. that last shot in the first group, in the town intersection and done with time-lapse I'm guessing or a really long exposure, is uncanny. Truly a work of art.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000