Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 Why has the conversation quieted down here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Peter

USA

Posted - 11/10/2018 :  5:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When they were still producing 1:24 scale diecast, I would regularly get samples and make purchases so there was a lot to talk about. I enjoyed photographing and reviewing the models, and it stimulated opinion and conversation here in the Forum.

But when production trickled down to just a few new models each year, in resin, and at 2-3 times the price, my selection of new models to photograph and review dwindled rapidly. That didn't leave a lot for me to talk about, and gradually folks followed suit and posts and photo contributions dropped off as well. The Website continues to get lots of visitors, but without the forum's lively banter it's no longer very interactive.

I view the site now as more of a reference source, with photos and reviews of about 150 diecast and resin models, mostly in 1:24 scale. It has a SEARCH page which can help you locate more than a decade of information contained in discussion, articles, and photos throughout the site. It also draws on a huge database of models which is fairly complete up until about 2014 when production tanked, and which I continue to add to.

Hopefully Danbury or Franklin will see fit to re-enter the market, or some newcomer even. Look what West Coast Precision Diecast was able to accomplish in a relatively short time. In the meantime, I will continue to photograph and review my rare purchases, and every so often I will do a new photo spread on an old model from my collection which never quite got the attention it deserved when it was new.

Thanks to all of my loyal members, and to the hundreds of other visitors that helped to make this place such a lively and informative website.

Peter

P.S. For those interested in 1/43 scale, I may be getting some samples to review soon. Stay tuned...

Edited by - Peter on 11/15/2018 1:13:36 PM
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000