Discussion Forums
 DR Member Pages
 Kevin's 1:16th scale Danbury Mint Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  4:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Danbury Mint 1-16th 1953 Cadillac

My very first Danbury Mint car.

I bought this directly from Danbury Mint back in the early 1990 when they came out.

It has been with me in several marriages and relationships / moved several times, thousands of miles and wears the years well.

I fell in love with the scale and detail. I was now hooked forever on this scale and larger ones.

Danbury Mint 1-16th 1929 L-29 Cord Special Coupe

My second Danbury Mint car.

I bought this directly from Danbury Mint back in the early 1992 when they came out.

It has been with me in several marriages and relationships / moved several times, thousands of miles and wears the years well.

Again, great scale, great detail.

Danbury Mint 1-16th 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air

My third Danbury Mint car.

I bought this directly from Danbury Mint back in the early 1994 when they came out.

I recently replaced the clear cover I bought with it, it finally got broken in the last move.

I remember someone telling me that the first run or first few of these had leather seats, then they switched to vinyl seats.

Not sure if the information is correct, but merely stating what I heard.

Although the fit and finish is not what I would buy nowadays, (huge paint run on the front driver side fender), I will keep it and it will out live me.

(yes I am sentimental)

Danbury Mint 1-16th 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Pro Street

A recent purchase from ebay, (Ebayer ID is-that-your-final-bid, thanks Jim), he was pretty straight up seller. It was listed as you see it. very very nice, very few paint issues. These darn passenger doors never close right, nor do they on the standard 1955 Bel Air even shown above.

I replaced this from my partial collection that was sold years ago when I needed gas money to move from Las Vegas back to Phoenix. Jim sent me the car and it had some "shipping settling" issues, he gladly funded the modelers glue to fix it. It has some rubs-n-scrubs on the rear bumper but I left that on there to give it "character", since these race cars are usually pushed around a drag strip.

Missing one wheelie bar wheel, maybe it to was lost during a "race". I had a clear cover made for it, to replicate those sold by Danbury Mint back when they released these.

Danbury Mint 1-16th 1953 Custom Cadillac

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 11/22/2012 3:06:01 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000