Discussion Forums
 DR Member Pages
 Kevin's 1:12th scale Danbury / Franklin Mint Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 05/30/2011 :  09:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Page: My love for the Danbury Mint 1:12th scale cars.

I dedicate the 1:12th page photos to Jim Dugan's passion for photography of these cars. He was the inspiration for most of the "cornfield shots"....R.I.P. Jimbo.

Danbury Mint 1:12th scale 1964 1/2 White Mustang.

4 of a Kind or just a pair of Aces?

Ertl 1:12 Mustangs: 1964 1/2 Convertible Indianapolis 500 Pace car and 1964 1/2 Convertible Rangoon Red. Very cheaply made, however I thought it would make a decent set of photos with 2 Danbury Mint 1:12 1964 1/2 Convertible Mustangs, one with top down and the other with the top up.

One Danbury Mint 1:12th 1964 1/2 Convertible Mustang and both Ertl 1964 1/2 Convertible Mustangs were loans courtesy of H.W. in Germany. Thanks!

One of each Side by Side engine detail and interior detail shots:

Truly Danbury Mint stands heads above the crowd on this 1:12th 1964 1/2 Convertible Mustang.

Wishful thinking shots:

Come on Danbury Mint, you can pull through this crisis, lets fill this base and clear cover with the CORRECT Red 1:12th 1964 1/2 Convertible Mustang. FROM YOUR COMPANY!!!

.... A loyal customer....waiting for you to build more 1:12th scale cars, 1-24th scale cars.

H.W. in Germany: Thank you for the photo opportunities.

Danbury Mint 1:12th scale 1957 Chevrolet Pro Street "Big Kahuna".....#0078

A special thanks to Bosco's garage for their making this car actually happen.

Thank you Laureena !! she's a keeper...!!!

May your grandfather RIP. Again thank you.

Almost final photos showing a modification I made.

In my opinion, Danbury Mint should have used a longer wooden base as they did for the 1:12 1930 Cadillac.

With the rear "wing" on the "Big Kahuna", is just too tight of a fit under the standard wooden base and clear cover they made for these.

I even tried the 1:12 Kyosho James Bond Vanquish base and clear cover.

Since the 1:12 Cadillac was made 4 years later, they could not know to use "the longer 1:12 Cadillac Base"

I had an extra 1:12 1930 Cadillac wooden base, I used Ronson lighter fluid (the little yellow bottle) and dissolved the glue backing from the

name plates on the "Big Kahuna" and "1930 Cadillac" 1:12 wooden bases.

The nameplates are the same length and height.

Easy fit when switching them.

This takes about 3 to 5 minutes. GOO OFF wouldn't even budge the adhesive.

You can use a brand new X-Acto pointed blade to "help up" one edge.

TAKE YOUR TIME !! This takes very little effort to pry it up after you apply the Ronson lighter fluid.

Ronson lighter fluid didn't seem to harm the printed name plate or stained wooden base at all. I did NOT leave it soaked in it either.

Just kept adding drops to the edges and wiping the name plate, wood finish dry.

I currently have the modified / longer "Big Kahuna" wooden base at a plastic manufacturer to have a clear cover made for the car.

Here below shows you what the "Big Kahuna" looks like inside the 1930 Cadillac clear cover and on the 1930 Cadillac wooden base.

Above, the clear cover for the 1:12th 1930 Cadillac is inside dimension of 7 1/2 inches tall.

This looked disproportional to the "Big Kahuna" even with the hood open.

I love to display these big cars with as many details showing as possible, but the hood up, forever, it's just to dangerous.

I do not need it dropping down and chipping the paint.

I had the new clear cover reduced to 7 inches tall inside dimension

Photos "step by step" and finished 1:12 "Big Kahuna" wooden base and clear cover are here posted.

A final shot or three are posted below here on the modified wooden base, with the "Big Kahuna".

Also... did anyone ever notice on the "Big Kahuna" trunk... "Special thanks to Boscos Garage"?

I was informed by Dave Best himself that him and his partners did the original prototype.

The final clear cover and base are now done. Picked it up this afternoon.

I applied two layers of really good double sided tape to the nameplate and VOILA !... it looks like a factory release.

Photos are below. Enjoy

Danbury Mint 1:12 1957 Corvette Pearl Yellow Street Machine Blondie:

John C. in Colorado ( bismark1990 on ebay ) sent me this beautiful Pearl Yellow Danbury Mint 1-12th 1957 Corvette Street Machine....

What a knockout (Concrete) blonde she is... HIGH MAINTENANCE? YEAP...

I love her anyway...

oh and guys...

She's NOT single anymore...

She's MINE!!!

John C., Thank you for sending me the Blonde!!

Thanks to John C., the seller, for the best customer service up through the sale and after.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danbury-Mint-1-12-Street-Machine-tough-to-find-and-perfect-/300864546942?nma=true&si=C394hQCATdZu9SNlUgdOHOSawmc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Danbury Mint 1:12 1930 Cadillac + Reutter Porzellan Wood

Dollhouse Miniature 1:12 scale wooden trunk (also 1:12) I bought off ebay.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 03/11/2015 05:20:10 AM

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 06/02/2011 :  4:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Page: My love for the Franklin Mint 1:12th scale Corvettes.

My "Rally Red" 1:12th Franklin Mint 1967 Corvette. "Big Bad Red Wolf"

My "Sunfire Yellow" 1:12th Franklin Mint 1967 Corvette. "Goldilocks"

Outside shot photos can be clicked on, then click on them again for a "zoom" feature

My "Black and White Stinger Hood" 1:12th Franklin Mint 1967 Corvette. "Black Beauty"

My "Marina Blue" 1:12th Franklin Mint 1967 Corvette. "Ol Blue"

I am now the owner of a "Silver Pearl" 1:12th Franklin Mint 1967 Corvette. "Papa Bear"

This one is 0063 of 99.

"A Thank you goes out to a gentleman in Germany for the loan out on this "Silver" 1:12th Franklin Mint 1967 Corvette.

This one was 0015 of 99.

After a few weeks of trying to make up my mind on a really nice Franklin Mint 1-12th Silver Pearl 1967 Corvette....Scott C. was very helpful over those weeks with extra extra photos and descriptions. It is not perfect, but with Scott being honest and upfront with details and details and kindly answering tons of questions, Ryan and George B's advice,... I committed to it. I think this ends the whole set of both Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint 1-12ths. I will not be buying the pew...ter cars, and probably not the St.Louis Cardinals dugout car either, so I am now set.

Thanks Scott C. for helping me with "knowing what I am buying". The price was right for what issues it does have, I think I will be fine with it.

Since I am a printing press operator....

I love doing things in

4 color process

Straight from 1967 !!!....

The Fab Five !!!!

Franklin Mint 1:12 scale 1967 corvettes running:

To see and hear 4 different Corvettes that I have had..."Start up, Rev, Idle"....

Click here:

Franklin Mint 1:12 scale Marina Blue Corvette

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/nascarnbroncosfans/media/Franklin%20Mint%2012th%20scale%20Marina%20Blue%20Corvette/MVI_6947.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1

Franklin Mint 1:12 1967 Corvette - Sunfire Yellow (virgin startup, new never opened box)

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/nascarnbroncosfans/media/Franklin%20Mint%201967%20Corvette%20-%20Sunfire%20Yellow/MVI_2158.mp4.html?sort=3&o=128

Franklin Mint 1:12 1967 Corvette - Sunfire Yellow and Rally Red, two at once

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/nascarnbroncosfans/media/Franklin%20Mint%201967%20Corvette%20-%20Sunfire%20Yellow/MVI_2159.mp4.html?sort=3&o=127

Franklin Mint 1:12 1967 Corvette - Sunfire Yellow

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/nascarnbroncosfans/media/Franklin%20Mint%201967%20Corvette%20-%20Sunfire%20Yellow/MVI_2709.mp4.html?sort=3&o=49

Franklin Mint 1:12 1967 Corvette - Tuxedo Black

Franklin Mint 1:12 1967 Corvette - Silver Pearl

One of these days I will have to try and get 3 and or 4 "running" at once

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 03/28/2013 07:50:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  07:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Crown Premiums 1:12 "Snap On Tools "Glomad"

I added a custom nameplate to a standard Danbury Mint wooden base after removing the 1957 Chevrolet Convertible nameplate

The Bradford Exchange 1:12th 1969 Mustang Boss 429

I purchased this 2 days before the other forum had a post asking about it, But here it is.

Photos are uploaded at high resolution. You can click on the thumbnails and then click on them to zoom in.

Car is courtesy of H.W. in Germany who actually wanted the car.

I asked that it be sent here to my home in Utah so I could do a photo shoot.

Enjoy the photos.

A review of the car follows the photos at the bottom.

Overseas Customers:

I do NOT recommend you ordering this by yourselves unless you have someone order it and pack it for you.

Why?

Because it comes in ONLY an outer clamshell styrofoam shipper. NO OTHER box PERIOD.

This is way to fragile to get bounced around in todays USPS mail.

Regular 1:12th scale cars are tough enough to get through the mail but this should have been packed inside a larger box.

There is NO EXCUSE for it.

Photos of the shipper carton are above, the last two photos.

The Bradford Exchange 1:12 scale 1969 Boss 429 is, for the price, a decent conversation piece.

It is not a P.O.S. by any means but it is NOT Danbury or Franklin Mint quality either.

DO NOT EXPECT IT.

No opening features whatsoever.

Car itself is a ceramic resin.

Tires are also a ceramic resin.

The paint, a burgundy or "Brandywine" metallic color does pop in the sunshine.

It does have out of the box several "scrubs n rubs" on the finish, which should polish out.

The paint also has "light areas" on the hood scoop and roof that can be seen in the photos.THIS IS NOT fixable.

The paint also has several "tics" in the paint. THIS IS NOT fixable.

Again, for the price, 139.00 plus shipping, its not bad either. Just my opinion.

What they charged me for shipping, is outrageous, since it came in the styrofoam clamsell only.

I may get one myself to go with the flow of everything else I have in 1:12th.

I ordered one, its going back, note the roof has collapsed, otherwise it has no other issues that I couldn't live with.

Color was solid throughout the entire car, no "light spots". Customer service has viewed this post, and they still ship these very unprotected.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 12/17/2013 3:09:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  1:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Wife's Danbury Mint / Kyosho BMW 1:12

My Wife's Danbury Mint - Mini Coopers Set / Kyosho 1:18

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 10/27/2012 4:56:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

59 Imperial

Sweden

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  11:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHAT A GORGEOUS COLLECTION, i REALLY LOVE THE PICS OF ALL THE dm 1:12S TOGETHER THATS AWESOME, if you have time and possibility add the white mustang in that lineup also, eitherway thanks for sharing!
I only have the cadillac myself but i kick my ass for not getting any of the corvettes particulary the blue, part of the thing is the huge costs added on to get them to europe shipping and customs
slap around 250usd extra on the pricetag of theese for us europeans.
Even with that make a 30īs or 40īs car or 59Imperial and the wallet is wideopen...
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  11:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
White Mustang 1:12 scale is there. 1st post above.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 11/04/2012 09:34:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  1:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It doesn't cost 250.00 to send one overseas. I have sent 6 for less than 105.00 each. Including styrofoam coffins.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 11/04/2012 09:34:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 06/24/2012 :  4:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: I now have the Danbury Mint 1:12th 1957 Street Machine Pearl Yellow Corvette, when spring early summer comes back, I will do a "line up - photo shoot." I will do a group shot of all of the Danbury Mint 1:12 and the Franklin Mint 1:12th cars.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 03/28/2013 07:29:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

59 Imperial

Sweden

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  07:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No it doesnt cost 250 to send them overseas,
but still its around 250extra before they arrive.
100postage and shipping + 25% on purchase price plus postage price
(buy at 500 that is 125+ 25% on postage thats 25 + 15 in fees=165usd
that is collected in taxes upon arrival here)
that 165+100 postage makes up ruffly around 250usd extras before there here...
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  01:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATED: I just added corrected links above to see the 1967 Franklin Mint 1:12 th scale Corvettes running.

I just purchased the 1967 Franklin Mint Silver Pearl 1:12 Corvette. It should be here in a week.

I will be attempting to start and idle 3 at a time, then 4 at a time, then all 5.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 03/28/2013 07:25:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  06:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Danbury Mint / Kyosho 1:12 James Bond V-12 Vanquish

Danbury Mint / Kyosho 1:12 James Bond BMW

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 11/04/2012 09:32:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  11:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My 1:12th Franklin Mint 1907 Rolls Royce:

This one was originally bought on Ebay. It looked great, the seller was more than helpful. They sent me extra photos not included in the auction and fixed the windshield.

Sadly, when the car arrived, it was beat to hell from lack of packing correctly and broken in several places.

Now just short of a parts car, the electrics do not work because of the broken battery tab in the battery tray.

The hinges are broken on the side covers, and the windshield and steering wheel need repair.

I did get a price adjustment to keep the car.

Sounds like a rainy day project.

Also some photos shown below is a spare wooden base from a Franklin Mint 1:12th Corvette I sold.
(Franklin Mint never made a base or name plate for these)
I also had a spare clear cover made just for the Franklin Mint 1:12th Rolls Royce should I ever own one.

I will need to find a trophy shop to create the nameplate to have Franklin Mint 1:12th Rolls Royce Connoisseurs Series as the brochure says.

Received a better parts car today. The seller did not have the original box / packing so I sent him mine for shipping it to me. He packed it nicely and arrived as nice.

It is a pig and will need some cosmetic brushes to clean it, wax it.

I may even have to change out some fenders since the paint is going bad on the newer parts cars fenders.

I did get the broken hood ornament stub removed and started cleaning it.

The plating on the grille on both cars is not the greatest. I may take these to a plater and have them redone.

New photos: Front and rear fenders replaced, nameplate added to the Corvette wooden base, custom made.

More restoration / photos coming soon.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 12/17/2013 2:14:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  11:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My GMP 1:12th GT-40 Road Car:

Bought online at George's Basement Auctions. Thank you George B. and Brian Schindler for the use of your photos until summer came back.

Brian Schindlers Review Photos:

Arrived 12-13-2013 while at my work during our Christmas party, it seemed appropriate to open it there.

Jim, a co worker is shown admiring it's detail. The real rubber tires and wire wheels really are stunning.

The car itself has some minor issues, but these issues I can live with considering the price I paid for it.

Thought I would get driveway shots in before it sells on ebay. Previously owned by Brian Schindler.

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 09/29/2013 08:22:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

nascarnbroncosfans

USA

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  08:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit nascarnbroncosfans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Bauer 1:12th 1934 500K Mercedes:

My Bauer 1:12th 1934 500K Mercedes and Danbury Mint 1:12th 1930 Cadillac:

Edited by - nascarnbroncosfans on 09/13/2014 6:16:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000