Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 Just Arrived, 67 Charger Brochure - WOWEE!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter

USA

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  4:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Even better than I had hoped, this new release from the Danbury Mint exceeds all expectations. In addition to the usual folding front seatbacks, there's an opening front armrest, plus the rear seatbacks and armrests fold flat just like on the real car! The model's flush grille features hidden headlight doors which actually rotate, the gas filler door operates, and in the trunk you'll find a removable spare tire as well. Enjoy the ride...

mbeeler

USA

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  4:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Another Must Have!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  4:42:00 PM  Show Profile
Some guys are going to be really happy with this one...
Go to Top of Page

shinerunner88

USA

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  8:24:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Mopar guy so this is a must have. Looks like a great companion for the 67 GTX. One thing I was wondering. Did Danbury Mint get a great deal on silver and light yellow paint this year? (LOL)

When we build "em", we break records, not parts.
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  11:26:41 PM  Show Profile
Not for me. I'll pass. Nice brochure though. I got mine today too.
Go to Top of Page

abaucom21

Canada

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  06:41:34 AM  Show Profile
I ordered mine and shipping expected late Sept. Once received I will most likely add whitewall tires for a different look.
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  07:25:59 AM  Show Profile
I have a question if someone, by chance, actually knows??

Did this version of the 67 Charger actually come from the factory with White Wall tires? Or, was it strictly the red line tires.
Go to Top of Page

Evan

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  09:37:23 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Z.

I have a question if someone, by chance, actually knows??

Did this version of the 67 Charger actually come from the factory with White Wall tires? Or, was it strictly the red line tires.

You could order them with whatever type of tire you wanted on it or if you were buying from dealer inventory have them put whatever you wanted on it.
Go to Top of Page

MBWall

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  10:20:13 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter

Just Arrived, 67 Charger Brochure
So... I guess I can stop speculating about this one now, huh?

I sure hope DM gets their paint issues corrected before this one ships.

Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  10:26:23 AM  Show Profile
Evan, No offense, but, are you saying this as a fact out of experience with buying a Charger or knowing someone that did? Or, is this a assumption on your part?

Personally, I really don't know. I'm just curious at this point. I had ordered a 67 Old's 442 back in those days. And, I honestly don't recall any sales person asking about what tire I wanted on the car. And, it came with a red line tire. And, again, I don't recall ever seeing a brand new 67 Old's 442 with white wall tires back than...

Again, I'm just relying on my memory at this point... But, I did know a couple other fellows that did have 67, Old's 442's, and they too all had red lines tires...

Edited by - Ron Z. on 08/13/2009 10:28:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Peter

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  10:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Here's a 1967 ad for the charger showing whitewalls, so clearly they were available as original equipment...

P.S. GO!
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  11:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Well, that's sure good enough for me.... The reason that I'm curious is because I was under the impression, at least based on my experience, that certain muscle cars, such as my 442, had the red line tires as part of the package. Thus, that was it. I know that you could get white wall tires on a Old's Cutlass, but, I don't believe that you could get them on a 442. At least, in 66 and 67. And, but of course, for a price, you could have a dealer do almost anything back than...

Again, just strictly curious.

Thanks Much for clarifying it Peter...

Edited by - Ron Z. on 08/13/2009 1:53:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Z.

Evan, No offense, but, are you saying this as a fact out of experience with buying a Charger or knowing someone that did? Or, is this a assumption on your part?

Personally, I really don't know. I'm just curious at this point. I had ordered a 67 Old's 442 back in those days. And, I honestly don't recall any sales person asking about what tire I wanted on the car. And, it came with a red line tire. And, again, I don't recall ever seeing a brand new 67 Old's 442 with white wall tires back than...

Again, I'm just relying on my memory at this point... But, I did know a couple other fellows that did have 67, Old's 442's, and they too all had red lines tires...

Standard and optional tires varied with manufacturer, model and year. As a general rule, cars came with black wall tires, but many top-of-the-line models had white walls as standard equipment. Additionally, some performance models might come with red line or white letter tires. There was no one rule.

You could do a little research at this site( http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/main.php ), but keep in mind that brochures did not always reflect actual production or mid-year introductions. For instance, there was no brochure for the 68 Cobra Jets from Ford, yet those cars came with the very first raised white letter rubber.

As you say, Ron, some cars had red lines standard. My 69 Charger R/T shows them as standard, and yet the window sticker also charges for them ($26!). So, some options could be mandatory. Mustang CJs required the GT package and either an automatic or four-speed transmission.

Edited by - BobAlescio on 08/13/2009 5:43:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  1:50:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bob, for the input. Neat site to do some research in.
I tried to see what it listed for the 67 Old's 442, but, unfortunately, it didn't give any detail specs on tires, other than size. But, it did have one picture of a 442. And, interesting enough, it was the exact same color as mine, Gold with a red pin stripe along the side of the body. Though, mine was a hardtop versus this picture was a convertible. Though, if my eyes don't deceive me, it looks like the 442 in this picture had red line tires as well.... Again, Thanks for the input...

Edited by - Ron Z. on 08/13/2009 1:52:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

MBWall

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  2:31:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Peter

Here's a 1967 ad for the charger showing whitewalls, so clearly they were available as original equipment...

Yep, IMO, this cars begs for something other than whitewalls. I think the DM decision to go with redlines was a good one.

Go to Top of Page

shinerunner88

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  3:23:26 PM  Show Profile
Help me out here please. I'm a Mopar guy and I work with 2 experts, these guys know their stuff. I was told that the Hemi Chargers in 66 and 67 came with blue lined tires. I seen gold lines on Vettes and blue lines on some cars growing up. If this is true the white walls are getting deep sixed regardless, but I'll put the blue lines on or red lines for sure. Thanks.

When we build "em", we break records, not parts.
Go to Top of Page

Peter

USA

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  3:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey Rudy, no whitewalls to replace, this comes with redlines. Check the brochure images at the beginning of this thread. The brochure showing whitewalls was from a 1967 magazine ad for the real car, which I'm guessing wasn't a hemi. Do any of our resident experts know how to tell?
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Blue line tires?? Wasn't it only certain auto manufacturers that would install blue line tires from the factory? Perhaps just the Chrysler line? I don't recall seeing any new car, back than, say from Ford, as an example. Sitting in a showroom with blue line tires? I remember raised white letters, white walls, red lined, and even some of the gold lined. (And of course the plain black wall.) But, blue line? I just don't recall in regards to being on a new production car. I guess that's why I'm wondering if it was just Mopar??

But, just because I don't recall, doesn't mean that they weren't!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000