Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 300 Reasons to be in the Preview Society......
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jayme Deibler

USA

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Included in the paperwork for my Preview Society Shipment of the '65 T-Bird was this. Enjoy!

Peter

USA

Posted - 08/24/2010 :  10:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jayme! Sure I hope I get one of those brochures, but stupid me I went an ordered the model already. I am so looking forward to this one.
Go to Top of Page

Jay

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  04:32:02 AM  Show Profile
This is a very big YESSSS!!!! Red is so appropriate for this car!!! It's the first PSLE I've purchased since the '51 Stude Starlight!
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  07:03:08 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I'll be looking for a brochure too. Seems like every time I get my list of needed brochures down to a reasonable number I have to add several more cars to it.
Go to Top of Page

LouBeau

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  08:13:38 AM  Show Profile
Anything different about it from the black one - except for the color?
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  11:24:24 AM  Show Profile
Link to Richard Carpenter's collection which includes a red 300B

http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com/Auto-07%201956%20Chrysler%20300%20B.htm

By the way, the illustration in the DM brochure does not do justice to the actual diecast, whatever else faults it may have.

And, just so you don't think I'm knocking it, I have one on order.

Edited by - BobAlescio on 08/25/2010 11:27:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  11:46:18 AM  Show Profile
That is one Gorgeous looking car!!! Thanks for the link Bob..

I do have a question? Don't know if anyone remembers? How common were those wire wheels on this car back in those days? Just curious????
Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  12:05:33 PM  Show Profile
If you had the money, Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels were available on many cars from the big three. But, in an age when even doctors earned 20K per year, not many people had them. I do recall seeing them on cars and was always impressed by the look.

DM does a nice job of equipping their models with options that we could not afford back then. That's why they do it - to give us what we couldn't have.

I know there are some collectors who long for the workaday cars of old, those with no chrome, black wall tires, small hubcaps, etc. I don't ever remember anyone with a top of the line '50s car saying "Gee, I sure wish I had a Chevy 210 without all these gaudy extras."

Edited by - BobAlescio on 08/25/2010 12:08:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  12:15:55 PM  Show Profile
...LOL... I hear you Bob...

The only car that I actually remember seeing back than with the wire wheels was the 57 T Bird.... Not to say that there weren't others.. Perhaps the T Bird just stuck in my mind all these years!!! ...LOL...

Go to Top of Page

BobAlescio

USA

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  12:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Growing up as I did in Detroit, I would see an atypical selection of cars and options. Cars with manufacturer's plates were common. One night out on Woodward Avenue I saw the '69 Camaro ZL-1 months before it was announced. Same with the '64 GTO, a bronze convertible. Both had manuf. plates. Chrysler had an engineering facility a few blocks from my home, and there I saw seven Chrysler Tubine cars.

This was an unusual situation, and it was just the opposite for someone who grew up in a small town in Iowa. It's difficult if not impossible to say what was normal.
Go to Top of Page

59 Imperial

Sweden

Posted - 08/27/2010 :  4:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Awesome car black red or white i want it!
Talking about carpenters collection,
i absolutely love his black 1960 Dodge Polara
what a beautiful and exciting car!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000