Click Here to Return to DR Homepage DR Diecast Blog | October 2008
DR Diecast Blog
Current News about Precision Diecast Models from DiecastRamblings.com

New Photos of DM 1930 Cadillac V-16 Roadster in 1:12 Scale

Tuesday, 21 October 2008 22:38 by Peter
This model has been out for a while now, but I just received one from my UPS driver yesterday and it is everything they say and more. You can check out the photos here. The folks at Danbury Mint have really outdone themselves this time, and we collectors get to reap the benefits. The working top is flawless, and the myriad working features including lights with high-beams and brake lights, are truly astounding. Grab one of these before they're all gone, because they will surely become sought after models.
Categories:
Actions:   E-mail | del.icio.us | Permalink | Comments (0) | Comment RSSRSS comment feed

FORUMS ARE HERE! Introducing Member Forums at DiecastRamblings.com

Sunday, 19 October 2008 08:51 by Peter
That's right, Diecast Ramblings now has member forums! A place for collectors and others in the hobby and diecast industry to network and share ideas and information, or to just pull up a seat and listen to the buzz. The forums also inlcude categories for 1:1 car photos, and the buying/selling/trading of discontinued and limited edition models. Anyone can stop in and have a read, but you must be a registered member to post. Why not sign up today?
Categories:

NEW Feature: Scale Model Photography at Diecast Ramblings!

Thursday, 16 October 2008 15:20 by Peter
Introducing a new feature here at Diecast Ramblings, the Scale Model Photography pages. You can check them out here. I've been taking some lessons, gearing up with some new equipment and lights, and practicing with my digital SLR camera as you'll soon see. I'm looking forward to adding a photo spread for each new arrival, and occcasionally dipping into the collection to shoot some old favorites as well. Whenever possible, I'll also feature the work of other collectors and photographers, so you just never know what will turn up in front of the lens. Enjoy!
Categories:

New Photos of DM 1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe Station Wagon LE of 5000 by Jim Dugan

Monday, 13 October 2008 19:12 by Peter
Still eagerly anticipating the arrival of this beauty in another week or so, and after seeing Jim Dugan's spectacular photos of this model, I am even more excited to hold it in my hands and see it up close. In the meantime, these pictures are the next best thing. Jim's work has been featured in AutoWeek magazine, and he is a member here in the diecast forums. We are pleased to share his work with you here.
Categories:

New Danbury Mint Preview Society Exclusive 1941 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 Sedan in two-tone green, Ltd. Ed. of 1000

Sunday, 12 October 2008 15:48 by Peter
If that title didn't grab you, then I don't know what will. I'm a big Cadillac fan, so for me this is a must-have. Plus, I'm a sucker for a small LE. 1000 of these should go pretty quickly, so mine's ordered. I have a perfect little jewel of a black one already, but I'll probably keep it too. It's that good. I know we don't like to talk about these models as investments, but even if I didn't like it (hard to imagine) I'm sure it's as good as, or better than, investing my money in the stock market these days. If there weren't so many other models competing for my money right now I'd buy two of them. These are just for preview society members, but somebody on the D4C forum said he ordered one through DM's website with no problem using the blue box code from the brochure that had been posted. Click here to see a larger scan of the brochure photo.
Categories:

NEW PHOTOS Danbury Mint 1958 Pontiac Bonneville Sport Coupe

Friday, 10 October 2008 11:03 by Peter
The latest offering to start shipping from Connecticut is the Limited Edition 1958 Pontiac Bonneville Sport Coupe in Burma Green over Calypso Green in 1:24 scale by the Danbury Mint. Just 5,000 of these will be produced, so if you haven't ordered yours, don't wait much longer. It's sure to be one of the highlights of 2008. For more photos of this gorgeous model, fresh out of the box, Click here.
Categories:

Diecast Ramblings get's its own Domain Name!

Thursday, 9 October 2008 09:14 by Peter

It's official! We now have our own domain name, and we're poised to grow and expand to meet your needs as a collector and hobbyist. Don't worry, your old links will still work, but we recommend you change them at your earliest convenience as the old domain will not be maintained indefinitely. You can now point your web browser to our new internet address: http://diecastramblings.com/ See you again soon!

Categories: